Refuse/d words built into infinite forms of bodies. This collection is unedited; done in one sitting; sometimes daily, frequently infrequent.

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Geographic Portraits Part I. (outside 495)


I love geography
Map making moving
Each thumbtack
Marks a three dimensional love
Contracting actual space.
Tim is in Texas learning to fly planes
I imagine the desert
The hot thickness, the ruffled edging of brown scrub.
Delph is somewhere in the evergreen places of the Northwest
Rainy and wet and breathing
A time drip of water and mood.
Kristen is in Chicago now
And desperately misses Denver
As any good New Yorker should.
Her messy landscape I miss
The explosion of clothing out of her closet
The ethereal and real style of someone thinking graphically.
Nick is in Nairobi,
How alliterate, like a children's book.
I wonder what they think of Paul Walker doppelgangers in Africa.
He calls my cell phone 
(from Africa!)
And I remember sliding down train tracks together
Slow moving through my home city.
Luke is in Worcester
He works at his mother’s tree nursery and he came over and diagnosed our ailing hemlocks.  I love him unconditionally-
A paper covered creation of unconvention (and convention)
An electronic artist.
Bart is in New York
And keeps an excel spreadsheet
Of books read.  I still think about summers on the cape
The weak wind on the protected sea stairs. Will we always be kids?
Other Tim (also New York, soon New jersey)
Is getting married in November.
I drove the Lynnway late night in high school
To be in the sickness-free space
Of his kitchen. 
I like thinking of Jon in Nashville
All the music and bbq-he has finally departed South Boston.
I’ve written quite a bit about him.  He is in shaped pieces for me,
Complete ideas, forms, sounds, he is muse-ic.
Scott is in California
He watched me put make-up on one night before a party and I felt foolish.  It’s important
To be around people that know and expect your unembellished self. 
Standing on the continental divide in the snow,
I was happy, my friend.  

No comments:

Post a Comment