Refuse/d words built into infinite forms of bodies. This collection is unedited; done in one sitting; sometimes daily, frequently infrequent.

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Customs


When I come back to America,
I am on a high for a day
Before I settle back in.

This high is fantastic:
I am defined and feel
With intensity my youth.

After that, nothing tastes good,
I lose my appetite completely for food
For fantasy, for anything electric.

I make a list of the ways I can
Adapt the culture of the house
To keep me feeling present

But I can only affect myself
And I know I will have
No company to buy into my cross-breed.

Nowadays, lands of opportunity
Are those that limit-
Places we can challenge.

Containment
Makes the frontier
Turn inward.
A universe that sits down
To breakfast
Hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment