Refuse/d words built into infinite forms of bodies. This collection is unedited; done in one sitting; sometimes daily, frequently infrequent.

Friday, December 17, 2010

able-body


My body is limitless
the curvature of female.
My body is sanctified
by all the hopes of childhood.
My body is a tune
a true turning of a phrase.
My body is favored
and forgotten
felt up, and imagined.
My body is freedom
and convention,
a singularity composed
of each Body before mine. 
My body is my land
my harvest and sickness
the peril, the poverty
the treason and judgment.
My body is a coffin,
My body is a home
My body sets a curfew
for the children of my soul.
My body lends me time
and takes it steadily away.
My body offers answers,
it calibrates the days.
My body is my safety
within the boundless noise.
My body is my person
My person is my choice.
My body arranges meetings
it flounders and it thrives.
It reports with intuition
with sweat, and aches and sighs.
My body is a god of feeling
and demands I take my time
so that every walk through turpid city
becomes a prayer of grime.
And when it comes time to rot and wane
my body will be with me
pulling, tugging, pleading and bleeding
Until I exit time.



No comments:

Post a Comment