Refuse/d words built into infinite forms of bodies. This collection is unedited; done in one sitting; sometimes daily, frequently infrequent.

Friday, March 11, 2011

(untitled)


I took the bus to the beach
on a Wednesday night
in the winter

I stayed in an empty house
and still heard
old conversations

The wind blew
through the skin trees
worn with the cold

The picture window was black
but I was picturized
for Bill next door

that night was fitfull
full of misplaced
meaning
Thinking on centuries
of single days
Filling like quick
water

the next morning
I walked on the beach
and collected

white, wide shells to save
and held them against
my belly

I watched the sand ripple
and change
with rivulets of winter sea

and in front of me
suddenly
was a gray seal

I breathed in
and stood still
an old friend
in the kelp
and frozen foam

defined
creatures both of us
alone and real
for a moment myth
fills us

and vanishes
him into the waves
and me into the wind
and wet grit





No comments:

Post a Comment